What Causes Teeth Stains?
You catch sight of your smile in the mirror or in a photo. Are you seriously unhappy with what you see? If you’ve got teeth stains, it can make you feel really self-conscious about your smile. But what causes them?
Coffee, tea, red wine, and some fruits and veg can stain your teeth.
If you smoke or chew tobacco, it can cause teeth stains.
Poor Dental Hygiene
Could your oral health routine be better? Do you fail to floss or brush as often as you should? Your teeth can appear stained and covered in plaque.
Health Conditions and Treatments
From certain infections to cancer treatments, underlying health conditions can cause teeth stains.
Medicated mouth wash like chlorhexidine can stain your teeth as can antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and drugs for high blood pressure.
As you get older, the outer layer of tooth enamel wears away. This means your teeth won’t appear as bright and healthy as they once did.
Traumatic Injury to the Teeth
Did you ever fall off your bike and damage your teeth when you were a child? This can affect enamel formation and cause discoloration to the teeth.
How To Prevent Teeth Stains
Want to keep your pearly whites white rather than yellow, brown, or black? Here’s what you can do.
- Brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after eating or drinking these things:
Coffee or tea
Red or white wine
Grape or cranberry juice
- Cut down on coffee consumption.
- Drink through a straw. This keeps liquids away from the surface of the teeth.
- Stick to a good oral health routine. Brush, floss, and use a mouthwash every day. This can prevent plaque and stains from forming.
- See your dentist regularly and book in for a good teeth clean every 6 months.
How Can I Whiten my Teeth at Home?
We’d recommend investing in the Efero Teeth Whitening Pen. This is your secret weapon if you want brighter, whiter, and healthier teeth. It’s a tooth whitener, cleaner, and breath freshener all in one.
The pen will restore the true colour of your teeth in four steps:
1) It dissolves black or yellow discoloration;
2) It dissolves smoke stains;
3) It gradually brightens your teeth;
4) It reduces dental problems and freshens your breath.
The Benefits of Using the Efero Teeth Whitening Pen
It’s a high strength peroxide whitening gel in a pen. No mess, no fuss.
It’s super fast and easy to apply and you can use it anywhere.
It’s a 100% safe and effective dentist formulation.
You’ll have whiter and brighter teeth in just 7 days!
Ready to love your smile again? We’ve got you!
For more articles on dental care and oral health, check out the rest of our blog.
For oral health and teeth whitening solutions, browse our store.